Here are some ways local fashion and clothing shops are offering help to victims of the fire in Boulder. I will add listings as I hear them.
* 4Mile Community Store (next to Boulder Ski Deals on Arapaho) is now open to accept donations for victims of the fire.
Here’s what the store needs:
Gently used or new warm clothing and shoes, all sizes
Kids clothing in larger (teen) sizes
Toys, books and games for older children (10 and up)
New packages of socks and underwear, all sizes, including adult
Women’s size L and XL clothing
Bags: Duffle bags, suitcases, etc.
* They also need volunteers to help sort the items and guide the victims through the store. To sign up for a volunteer shift, go to www.volsched.com/event/ 304. Check back often, new shifts will be added and the situation unfolds.
* They are also taking donations if you want to contribute money. They will make a run to CostCO or Walmart to fill in the gaps.
* Calvary Bible Church received a large donation from Fresh Produce clothing in Boulder (about 1,000 articles of clothing) that they are distributing to victims. www.calvarybible.com
* Here is info on the church’s clothing drive.
What: Clothing Drive for Fire Victims
When: Sept. 11
Times of events: 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
Boulder: Calvary Bible Church, 3245 Kalmia Ave., Boulder
Denver: Lola’s Restaurant, 1575 Boulder St., Denver
What to donate: new/newer clothes, shoes, new socks, new underwear/newer jackets
Organized by three Boulder organizations (Evolve Technologies, Fairview Friends Foundation, Calvary Bible Church).